If you can’t go to the bar, then bring the bar to you and be the toast of your bubble with these festive Christmas cocktails.
½ fresh lime, cut into quarters
2 heaped tsp light brown sugar
50ml Abelha Cachaça Silver
Garnish: Sprig of rosemary
- Add the cranberries, lime quarters and the light brown sugar to a cocktail shaker or large glass and muddle well.
- Strain into a rocks glass and then fill it with ice.
- Add in the Abelha Cachaça Silver and stir gently.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Spiced Espresso Martini
50ml Conker Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur (or 50ml Conker Decaf Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur if you preferred)
50ml cinnamon-infused vodka (add a stick of cinnamon to 200ml vodka along with 1 tsp of sugar, cover with clingfilm and leave overnight in the fridge to infuse. The longer you leave it, the spicier it will get)
50ml espresso coffee (allowed to cool)
¼ tsp ground nutmeg (and a grating for garnish)
10ml Sugar syrup
Glass: Martini glass (make sure it’s chilled).
Garnish: Grating of nutmeg and a small stick of cinnamon.
- Add the ground nutmeg to your ground coffee beans and make an espresso. Leave to one side to cool.
- Next, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the cinnamon-infused vodka, Conker Cold Brew Liqueur, the cold nutmeg-infused espresso coffee, sugar syrup and shake well for at least 20 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a grating of nutmeg and a small stick of cinnamon.
Rummy Santa Punch
(Makes a big jug)
120ml Gosling’s Gold Bermuda Rum
120ml Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
120ml Padró & Co. Red Vermouth
300ml freshly squeezed clementine juice (orange juice will work the same)
300ml cranberry juice
1 stick of cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp of sugar for each serve.
1 star anise
Glass: Heat proof glass or mug
- In a pan gently simmer together the clementine juice, cranberry juice and spices for 30 minutes making sure the liquid doesn’t boil.
- Take off the heat and add the two rums, vermouth and then stir.
- Serve warm and simply add ½ teaspoon of sugar to the bottom of the glass, fill with the punch and stir.
White Russian Twistmas
(Makes 1 but you will have some of the cranberry compote left over for another 3-4 drinks)
150g frozen cranberries
50g caster sugar
1 orange peel
Half a stick of cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 star anise
20ml White Heron British Cassis
30ml Double cream
Glass: Tumbler/Red Wine Glass/Cocktail Glass
- In a pan, add the cranberries, orange peel, water and sugar, plus the spices.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool, making sure to discard the orange peel and star anise.
- To serve, add a good dollop of the cranberry syrup mixture into a tumbler, red wine glass or dessert glass.
- Fill will ice and then pour over the vodka, White Heron British Cassis and cream.
- Garnish with a small dollop of the cranberry compote.
Christmas Gin Spritz (Sherry)
25ml London Dry Gin
Pedrino Sherry & Tonic Spritz
Add Ice to a short glass Add 25ml London Dry Gin Top with Pedrino Sherry & Tonic Spritz Garnish with Lemon Wedge
Dark ‘n Stormy® Granita
1 can of Goslings Ginger Beer
50ml Goslings Black Seal Rum
- Pour you can of Goslings ginger ale into a freezer proof container and freeze for three hours. Every 30 minutes, go back and break up the ice.
- Add to the slushy to a glass and tip the Goslings Black Seal rum on top.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.