With no sign of the bars opening anytime soon it’s time to get creative, embrace your own inner mixologist and serve up a cheeky cocktail (or two) this weekend. Here are a few of our favourites.
Conker Iced Tea Royal
35ml Conker Dorset Dry Gin
105ml Earl Grey tea
Dash of lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
Slice of lemon to garnish
1. Brew Earl Grey tea and allow to cool
2. Fill tumbler with ice and add gin
3. Top up with cooled Earl Grey tea and add a dash of lemon juice and sugar to taste.
Strawberry Iced Tea
35ml Hernö Old Tom Gin
75ml Strawberry Tea
Garnish with strawberries and a slice of lime
- Brew strawberry tea and allow to cool
- Add Hernö Old Tom Gin to a martini glass with some crushed ice
- Top up with the cooled strawberry tea and garnish with additional strawberries and a slice of lime
Goslings Iced Tea Rum Punch (Jug)
150ml Goslings Black Seal Rum
100ml Lime Juice
100ml Pineapple Juice
50ml Lemon juice
100ml Simple Syrup
400ml Freshly Brewed Black Tea
4 drops of The Bitter Truth – Old Time Aromatic Bitters
- Brew black tea and allow to cool
- To a jug, add all the other ingredients and stir
- Garnish with lime and pineapple and serve
15ml Saint Germain
20ml cherry syrup*
15ml lemon juice
90ml champagne or prosecco
Garnished with cherry
1.Take the stems and stones out
3.Filter with a coffee filter and serve
Pink Marmalade Lychee Martini
50ml Pink Marmalade Gin https://pinkmarmaladegin.co.uk/
20ml Lychee Puree
50ml Lychee Juice
20ml Lemon Juice
1 x Egg white
3 x Raspberries on a cocktail stick
1.Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
2.Shake hard for at least 12 seconds for the egg white to infuse and give the drink a foamy top.
3.Pour contents into a martini glass and garnish with 3 raspberries on a cocktail stick, balanced on the rim of the glass.
* This can be made without egg white for a vegan alternative (use 15ml of pineapple juice instead of the egg white)
60ml Pomegranate juice
60ml Raspberry Liqueur
- Pour the pomegranate juice, vodka, and raspberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker
- Shake to combine them together
- Pour into your martini glass of choice
- Garnish with a strawberry either on the side of the glass or on a cocktail stick
Balsamic Berry Old Fashioned
45 ml Roundstone Rye
15 ml aged Balsamic vinegar
15 ml Cranberry juice
15 ml berry syrup*
2 raspberries for garnish
Combine all ingredients over ice and stir in a rocks glass. Garnish with two raspberries.
*Berry Syrup Ingredients:
180 g blackberries
180 g raspberries
125 g sugar
250 ml water
Bring mixture to a simmer for 10 mins, puree and strain.
Note: The berry syrup can be made and stored separately and great splashed over ice cream.
The Black Manhattan
60 ml Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye
15 ml Amaro Bitter Liqueurs (try one from Don Ciccio, Averno, Ramazotti, Cynar, Campari or your favourite)
15 ml Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
2-3 dashes of Mole / Aztec or Chocolate bitters
Mascharino cherry garnish (Luxardo)
Combine all over ice, stir, and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.
The Cava & Cran Fizz
40ml Sagamore Rye
90ml Sparkling Cava
15ml Lime Juice
20ml Spiced Cranberry Syrup*
Make the Spiced Cranberry Syrup mix equal parts water, sugar, and fresh cranberries in a pan and for every one cup of cranberries, add one cinnamon stick and one rosemary sprig. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, chill and strain. Keep some of the cranberries for garnish.
Add rye, lime juice and syrup to a flute or coupe and top with Cava.
The Mai Tai
35ml Appleton Estate 8 Year Old Reserve
15ml Grand Marnier
25ml Fresh Lime
Garnish: 1 Lime Shell & Fresh Mint Sprig
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with cubed ice
2. Shake until chilled and pour over ice (crushed or cubed) into a rocks glass
3. Garnish with lime shell and mint sprig
Raspberry Espresso Martini
60ml Patron Café
25ml Fresh Espresso
15ml bottlegreen Summer Raspberry Cordial
10ml Sugar Syrup
- First off, brew the fresh espresso and then leave it for approximately 10 minutes to cool.
- Pour all the ingredients into an iced filled shaker and shake hard until chilled.
- Serve into a martini glass and garnish with fresh or frozen raspberries.